Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock!


(Here is the post I wrote on the plane back to Branson yesterday! There are now only 3 days left until I leave!)

How is it that time passes so quickly? 


It seems like only days ago I was late for class because I was busy skyping with Students International--interviewing for the internship position I will start on Saturday! I am currently writing on the flight back to Branson, MO from Denver, CO where I've spent the last week with my family preparing for this trip. What a blessing it is to have a gracious family who, while maybe not fully sharing in my love of new adventures, understands well the unfailing faithfulness of our God. They have been patient and steadfast with me throughout this difficult transition period filled with many new experiences and, unfortunately, several goodbyes to friends made at College of the Ozarks.

The Lord has been showing me new things everyday that I would not have previously been expecting from this Summer. Last night I had the opportunity to meet a Fijian-American couple who had recently moved to the US (He just got his paperwork for citizenship fulfilled! Praise God!) to talk with them about Fiji. Why these people "just so happened" to live in our town, and we "coincidentally" had mutual family friends was, of course, no accident. So blessed by the time spent with Judah and Jessi. Through this meeting and from the "little things" God is continually  confirming that Fiji is exactly where He wants me for the Summer. Yes, it is a large trip and I want to make good decisions when packing for 10 weeks spent in a (for now) unfamiliar place, but He keeps reminding of how quickly and miraculously He has provided for every other need previously for this trip. It's not for me to comprehend or try to plan how the logistics will come together, nor is it His will for me to stress over the things He has already taken care of. 


                                                   He is in charge.
 I am not. 
Period. 



With just 4 days and 4 hours remaining until I begin my journey to Fiji, I continue to ask for your prayers and intercession for myself and for those I will come into contact with during my 19 weeks. Also, a special prayer request... The main reasoning behind my contacting the SI base in Fiji (as opposed to one in central/south America) is that I believe I may be being called into missions-linguistics and Bible-translation (there are still over 4,400 known language in the world without a single written book of the bible!).
 From the very beginning, I told God I was laying out the fleece and if He wanted me to explore this side of my giftings He would have to provide a place with a new culture and a non-Latin or Slavic based language (AKA: something I had never tried before). Well, you know the rest often story as I will be in Fiji later this week! Please, if you will, begin praying with me that the Fijian and Hindi languages will make sense somehow and that, if this is the path the Lord has for me, that He would make it as straight and clear as the rest of the path has been thus far?
Vinaka vakalevu to all. (Thank you very much)
Blessings,
- Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment