Monday, May 26, 2014

Good morning, good morning!

Slowly stirring...


Melodic sounds coming from new songbirds and parrots outside my slotted windows,


Dogs barking at each other down the street,



The soft playing of "Lord I lift your name on High" coming from somewhere else in the house,


Muffled Fijian conversation drifting in from the kitchen where our cooks are busy preparing Babakua (Fijian Pancakes),


From various sources across the city I hear the muslim morning prayer ring out in arabic, with Hindi close behind.


Finally awake, I feel the plane from LA to Nadi roar overhead on it's approach for landing... Our team will be here soon!





Ni sau bula vinaka! Yadra! 


(A very warm hello and Good morning from Fiji!)


- Austin 









(Bonus!! I wrote this post with this little guy riding on my hand as my assistant! :)















1 comment:

  1. A new day...a new opportunity to serve our amazing God and the precious people you are about to meet!

    ReplyDelete