Thursday, May 15, 2014

Jehovah-Jireh - My God is a God Who Provides!


I will exalt You, my God the King;
    I will praise Your name for ever and ever.
      Every day I will praise You and extol Your name for ever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
 and His greatness is unsearchable.
Psalm 145:1-3

All of my financial support has been provided! 

From the very beginning, I asked the Lord to show me whether He wanted me to spend the Summer in Fiji by providing the means necessary, not only to get there, but also to live there... And as of this morning, He has!
He has supplied over and above what I needed for my living expenses; He has provided money I was in need of for vaccinations, medicines, and other travel necessities; and He has even led some to donate towards the needs/desires of those who are living in Fiji! I now have almost 2lbs of trail mix, will have 2lbs of coffee, and have (get ready) 12.5LBS OF PEANUT BUTTER! They are going to be thrilled! God is SO good!

A lot has happened since my last post and I have been busy preparing for Fiji (hence the delay in writing). I have officially graduated from College of the Ozarks, I packed up my dorm room and drove with my family to Colorado where I now sit comfortably on my couch, and I have begun the packing and staging process as I leave in (count 'em) 9 DAYS!

The last week at school was a very difficult one in many ways. First of all, the testing for finals week proved to be very challenging as I had several final-projects mixed in with "real" tests in six of my classes. This meant a few all-nighters, and a lot of coffee simply to make it through the daylight hours! It was also very challenging as I was preparing to say goodbye. CofO has been an incredible place of growth for me, with the people I met and formed relationships with being a huge medium through which I have matured. Between the influence of my character camp parents, to being a character camp parent myself for  4 families; to the incredible trips within and outside of the US; to the countless late night study sessions spent surrounded by friends; to the nights spent laying on the floor just chatting with my roommate; this place, and the people I associate with it, was very hard to drive away from on Monday.

Now, I am spending these few days at home making lists, spending time with family, and "pre-packing" the things I will need for my time on the island. I ask that you continue to pray for God's provision of safety and peace over myself and those already in Fiji, and that He would continue to make clear to me the "big" things which, apparently, are very small to Him are already taken care of.
Vinaka vakalevu Jisu Karisito!
Blessings,
- Austin


  • Laptop Computer (Again the SI Fiji would greatly utilize a laptop for the purpose of media, even with basic editing tools already found within Microsoft for the sharing of what the site is doing on the Island. If you have a laptop that is not in use or your family would like to donate, again, please contact me as this would be huge help to those serving in Fiji)
  • Bibles (One of the greatest needs for SI Fiji right now is Bibles. They are in need of three translations (Hindi, Fijian, and English) but any printed version of the bible is VERY expensive in Fiji. Any Bible is appreciated. (If you would like to donate bibles, www.biblesbythecase.com can be a great resource)) http://www.biblesbythecase.com/031043405x.html
  • Trail mix (Any kind)
  • Coffee (Again, quite expensive and hard to find on the Island)
  • Adult Diapers (One of the ministry sites is an elderly home which is in need of these resources)
  • If you would still like to donate financially, there will always be need in SI Fiji and you can email me for more info!

Prayer requests:

  • Continue praying for the preparation of my heart for whatever He has for me in Fiji.
  •  Continue to pray for the others who I will be with in Lautoka, and for the Fijian nationals we will be sharing and serving with!
  • Please pray for Fiji as a whole, the cultures there-within are lost and are in need of our Savior.
  • Please pray for the donation of a laptop for use within the ministry after I leave Fiji. 

No comments:

Post a Comment