Monday, May 5, 2014

How Beautiful Are the Feet...

Today I begin my final week as an undergraduate student. While my mind is so focused on my finals I have this week, I cannot help but feel the anticipation of this time next week when I will be an Alumni of College of the Ozarks! It's a very surreal feeling, equally balanced between panic and peace.

Today I was reading through Romans 10. The beginning of the chapter is a continuation of Paul's speaking to the church of Rome about the gentiles and the greeks. He continues to insist the importance of sharing the Gospel. Seeing as I will be in Fiji in less than 20 days, this passage meant a lot to me.
Romans 10:8-11, 14-15 (ESV)

But what does it say? [Moses' writings about righteousness based on the law] "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For the scripture says, "Everyone who believes in Him will not be put to shame."
...
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? 
And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? 
And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 
And how are they to preach unless they are sent? 
As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

How beautiful is anyone's path and how sure is the footing for those who are willing to follow where He leads. (Prov. 3:5-6) Whether they be in tennis shoes, sandals, dress shoes, or barefoot. Don't let your feet become idle today. It's not up to up to you to make your feet beautiful...He the one who makes them beautiful when you follow His leading to wherever He sends you. 

As I prepare to graduate I am reminded that the Lord has opened this door for me, so it's not up to me to ensure that everything falls into place. He has already done that according to His will. (He's even taken care of these finals this week!)

Prayer requests:
  • I have 5 days of hard tests yet this week!
  • Continue to pray for the Lord's providence of my living expenses while in Fiji.
  • Continue praying for the preparation of my heart for whatever He has for me in Fiji.
  •  Continue to pray for the others who I will be with in Lautoka, and for the Fijian nationals we will be sharing and serving with!
  • Please pray for Fiji as a whole, the cultures there-within are lost and are in need of our Savior.
  • Please pray for the donation of a digital camera with video capabilities and a laptop for use within the ministry after I leave Fiji. 

No comments:

Post a Comment